Wellness Week: 5 Skin Care Tips featuring Soko Glam
April 23, 2017
The foremost expert on all things Korean skin care, Charlotte Cho is the Co-Founder behind Soko Glam, the most trusted beauty and lifestyle destination curating the best selection of Korean beauty products. As author of the book, The Little Book of Skincare: Korean Beauty Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin (HarperCollins) Charlotte has been sought out for her expert tips and insight on the tenets of Korean skin care.
1) Cleansing your skin thoroughly is very important for clear skin. A combination of makeup, bacteria and excess sebum can lead to breakouts. Even the pollution that collects on the skin throughout the day contains free radicals, which break down elastin and collagen, causing wrinkles. That's why I recommend the double cleanse, which starts with an oil-based cleanser like the Banila Co Clean it Zero and ends with a water-based cleanser like the Benton Honest Cleansing Foam to clean away dirt and sweat. Pollution contains free radicals, which break down elastin and collagen, resulting in wrinkles. So don’t forget to cleanse every morning and night!
2) In the morning, you shouldn’t walk out that door without applying sunscreen like the Goodal Mild Protect Watery Sun Cream. Even with a few minutes of sun exposure, UVA and UVB rays can damage collagen fibers, contributing to sagging and wrinkles. The worst case scenario is that you can get skin cancer, which is actually more prevalent than people realize. It’s the most common cancer, accounting for nearly half of all cancer cases in the United States.
3) You should shop for skin care by skin type or skin concerns and by the ingredients in the bottle, not by age or sex. Most of the time, the only difference between “men’s” skin care and “women’s” skin care is the packaging and fragrance, and products for "mature" skin are just packaged in a more expensive bottle.
4) Applying your skincare routine with a damp face helps products absorb better and seal in the moisture.. After washing your face, you can shake off, or dab away any excess water, but don't dry off everything. Then go straight into your skincare routine while your face is still wet. In Korea, they call this the 3 second moisturizing rule
5) Dead skin cells cause more visibility to fine lines, and can prevent your skincare products from absorbing into the skin. With regular physical and chemical exfoliation, like with the Neogen Bio Peel Green Tea, you can gently remove dead skin cells for smoother, brighter and bouncier skin.
SOKO GLAM'S VIP PERK!
Charlotte + the Soko Glam team are hookin' the LIVELY crew up with 15% off your purchase online using the code SOKOLIVELY